Equil JOT smartpen makes sure you never miss that million dollar idea
JOT works with any type of paper to capture written notes and drawings digitally
Core news facts:
• The Equil JOT makes it easier than ever to create, capture, and share written ideas.
• Compatible with any type of paper, Equil JOT sets a new standard of simplicity by seamlessly transforming anything you write or draw into a digital format. You aren’t required to purchase a specific brand of paper or to print a template from home – you can even grab a cocktail napkin to capture that big idea.
• Using a Bluetooth receiver, Equil JOT instantly syncs with any Apple device (iOS 5 or higher or Mac OS 10.7 lion or above), so you can see your creation appear in real-time on your screen.
• Equil is also releasing two free apps for use with Equil JOT:
– Equil Note lets you create, edit, and store written notes. Using folders, text-editing tools, and tags, Equil Note lets you easily organize and access all of your notes from any device.
– Equil Sketch allows you to get creative and capture your vision digitally without losing the pen-to-paper element of the drawing process. You can build each sketch in layers, allowing you to easily morph your vision immediately and in the future.
• With the Equil Note and Equil Sketch apps, any Equil JOT creation can be quickly shared using Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, or email and accessed from anywhere using Dropbox or iCloud.
How it works:
• Equil JOT’s technology is based on more than 30 patents. It uses a combination of infrared rays and ultrasonic waves to determine the position of the pen in real-time, sending information via Bluetooth to the paired iOS device at a rate of 80 transmissions per second.
• With a sleek, triangular design, the JOT’s tilt-unaffected pen-tip sensor technology promises a seamless experience whether you are right or left-handed.
• Your pen is personalized and your receiver has its own unique device ID – so you never need to worry about interference from others using a JOT in the same room and you can replace just the ink cartridge as needed.
• Download our free apps – Equil Note and Equil Sketch – in the Apple App Store or learn more at http://www.myequil.com.
Attributed to Greg Appelhof – Equil President, Americas
“Digital has in many ways eradicated the need for handwritten content, but we all know that the best ideas often start on paper. Whether it’s your vision for the new app you are building on a water-ringed cocktail napkin or the notes you took during a key interview in your notebook, the creative process isn’t solely digital. With Equil JOT, you don’t have to lose that tactile writing experience – and you’ll never need to dig through stacks of old notebooks to find that lost gem again.”
Where to buy:
• Equil JOT retails for $149.99 and is available for purchase starting today at http://www.myequil.com
• Equil JOT will be available at a variety of stores internationally as follows:
– Wednesday, 10/30 – available to order online in Europe at http://www.apple.com
– Friday, 11/1 – available on Amazon.com
– Wednesday, 11/6 – available at Apple Stores in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia Australia and New Zealand
The Equil JOT smartpen lets you create, capture, and share your ideas seamlessly from paper to digital – imply write or draw on any paper and watch your creation appear on your Apple device.
Equil JOT works with both of Equil’s free apps, Note and Sketch. Equil Note is your place to create and store written notes, enhance them with additional content and highlights, and tag them so you can always find them later. Equil Sketch is an artist or designer’s dream – you can capture your vision in stages so you can quickly add or remove individual layers of your creation as you work and in the future.
The Equil JOT works with any Apple device (iOS 5 or higher or Mac OS 10.7 Lion or above) and is available for $149.99 online at http://www.myequil.com.